8.31.2005

The Greatest Ever...

at least in my opinion.

I have a couple of favorite speakers that I like to listen to. I thought that I would bring them to your attention so that if you hear that they are going to be around, you can go to listen to them based on my recommendation. The first is David Nasser. He immigrated from Iran and became a Christian in high school. Beyond having a very interesting story, he is funny and at the same time, very serious about the sacrifice that we should make as Christians. He has a couple of books out including 'A Call to Die' which is a 40 day journey and 'A Call to Grace'. I have read the first one and it was well worth it. The second one was released recently. Check him out. He is my favorite

Close behind is Rob Bell. He is the founding pastor of Mars Hill Bible Church in Michigan. It is a very progressive seeker oriented church. He is great at taking normal things of life and applying them to God. He also has helped write short videos about fundamental points of the Christian faith called NOOMAs. These are fantastic and really minister to you. I own the first one and it definitely helps me through the harder times. he has a new book out called 'Velvet Elvis'.

Anyway, that is just some information on people that I believe are making a difference for God in this crazy, upside-down world.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen Josh Shipp??

He recently came to my school and he is very funny and very moving at the same time.

here's his website

http://www.joshshipp.com