8.26.2005

I like to talk

I like having small group at my place. I don't have to go anywhere and it makes me clean. Last night we had a grilling party at my abode. The burgers and corn on the cob were delicious. A member that shall remain nameless puts mayonnaise on the corn on the cob. It looks really disgusting and seems like it would taste equally disgusting, but whatever floats said person's boat.

Throughout this time we talked about a gammit of topics. Music, sports, relationships, differences between men and women, swearing, things we look for in the opposite sex, sex. It was rivoting conversation. Fun, too. Peeps didn't leave my place till after 11 with one individual staying till 12. It was great.

There wasn't a lot of debating or arguing, but just discussing. Some of us decided that it is better to be a man than a woman. (Okay that's not exactly true, but I can pretend it is) It is great to talk about issues that we all deal with.

Why am I saying this? I don't really know, but it was what I wanted to write about and I just came up with a kernel to chew on. I/we don't always take the time to talk with each other. As Americans, we always are solidly on the go and don't stop. Well, take the time to stop, listen and then talk to your friends, family, acquaintances, or that guy on the street. We should invest in people. Then they will invest in us and that would make anybody feel good.

3 comments:

Nathan Hackman said...

I know what you mean. Remember a few weeks back when we didn't do anything for game night? Instead we just sat around and talked. It was nice.

Proteinstar said...

"PA Dutch" and "culture of richness in the kitchen" are mutually exclusive.

Nathan Hackman said...

You mean kind of like "Rhode Island" and "rich cultural history?"