8.03.2005

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't

Isn't it interesting how some things strike a note with you. Specifically comments. Many times people say something and you listen and talk about it, but afterwards, mostly forget about it. But every once in a while somebody will say something, that resonates in you and you will think about for the next few weeks.

This happened to me recently. I was talking to my mom a couple of weeks ago and commented about how I was going to enjoy seeing Chelsea FC play. She said that because I enjoyed them and countless other British things, that I should just go to England. For some reason that hit me. I currently don't really have a job, am a bit unhappy with my church and am single. I don't have anything tying my down, so why not go?

Sometimes simple comments or actions just hit us harder than others. I ran into a friend of the female persuasion a little while back and it got me thinking about relationships for a while. Amazing how our brains work. So the result of all this. I am looking into moving to England. It wouldn't be forever, but maybe for a little while. We will see what happens. I really have no idea how to do this, but it can't hurt to look into. Nothing may happen, but again something may.

Peace and love, y'all

2 comments:

Proteinstar said...

Talk to Rover he loved England. Apparantly the pilsners are cheaper than the Dasani.

Nathan Hackman said...

This is a test? Crap!! I was just in it for the fun. Is there a study guide? Seriously though. England rocks. I myself was tempted to stay. It is both European and not European at the same time. If you've never been I would suggest a short visit before flat out moving, but it is a great country. If you want to take some time to see the Continent you can just shoot across the Channel. The people are friendly, the culture is witty and fun, they have great F1 teams, even greater history, and in London beer is cheaper than soda. The weather and food aren't all that great, but whatever right? Plus, England is known for being very easy as far as immigration, thus the large amount of angry Arabs. You might have a problem in finding a "good" church by American standards, but I'm sure that London has some. All I have to say is if you do move expect a visit.