8.23.2005

Broccoli or Cauliflower

Why do people make snap judgments? Here is the scenario. I go somewhere and have a bad experience there, or I play something and do bad so I decide that I don't like it. Not only that an instant hatred seems to develop. Why? Then if we don't like something, that means there is something wrong with it. It becomes dumb or stupid or maybe it is snooty. Either way, we come up with reasons why no one should like it. In fact, if you like it, you become dumb, stupid, snooty, etc. And when we don't like something we become grumpy anytime we have to do that activity.

I think it comes back to selfishness. I think it is natural for us to be selfish. We want it our way and I think that we struggle to think about things without considering there effect on us. Sometimes this can be good, because it means self-preservation, but far too often we become very selfish people.

So I encourage you to do something that you don't necessarily like to do because a friend of yours likes it. You may have to struggle through it, but you will make your friend happy for doing something for them. Maybe they feel often that they are always yielding to you in activities. All this will make you less selfish and you may even find that you like something that you thought you hated. Like Cauliflower.

2 comments:

Proteinstar said...

Excellent suggestion! I propose we all play Illuminati next game night.

matt said...

I'll play it. I never had a problem with the game.