8.11.2005

A Pleasant Surprise

For those of you that know me, you know that I am a pretty big fan of the David Crowder Band. Heck, for those of you that read my blog, you could probably figure it out too. Anyway, on to point. I was under the impression that the aforementioned band was coming to the Camp Hill, PA area to play a show in October. I then found out that they were no longer playing that show. I was a little confused about it and a little bothered because I thought that the band had backed out. For others of you that know me, you know that I am huge on commitment. If you commit to something, you need to do it, no matter what.

So, I decided to send Mr. David Crowder an email about all of this and my feelings to the subject. I sent this email to his website email address at 12:30 this afternoon. They have some shows over the next couple of days so I figured that I may get a response in a couple of weeks. That is, if I did get a response. Imagine my surprise when at 3:00 this afternoon, there was a response in my box from a certain Mr. David Crowder.

HOLY COW!! That's impressive. Not only that, but it was a couple line response. It was a good half page. That's cool. It was a very thoughtful response and explained some things for me. I greatly appreciated it and it made me feel happy. For an extremely busy guy to give people the time of day is really nice. It shows that there is a respect for people that not everybody has. It was even an email from a dude far away that he didn't even know.

I just had to blog about this. So I now like the David Crowder Band even more than I did before, and have improved my day because of one man's consideration. So think about it. It is amazing what your simple respect and love for people can do. Even for a complete stranger. Next you are rushed or not and somebody needs something. Give them the time of day. It is worth it for you and it will make them feel better.

0 comments: