12.30.2005

Questions

As I explained yesterday, I have had a rough go at it lately. Now I don't like pity parties although I acknowledge that I do have them on occasion. I would also acknowledge that there are many other people in this vast world that have it worse than me. That being said, I am sick of life crapping on me. I also don't know whether or not it is an okay thought to have. Part of me says that we need to be grateful for what we have been given and that we should be fine with anything that comes our way. On the other hand, when bad things happen, it is natural to be worn down by them. That I believe is an okay response, but when it becomes an unhealthy response: I don't know.

Now the other part of this is God. I happen to believe that God is in control of everything, but I also happen to believe that sometimes life just happens to us. God lets it happen, but it still just happens. That means that there isn't necessarily a reason for why some things happen. There could be good brought out of it, but like I said before, sometimes life just craps on us.

But there are also many places in the Bible that say as Christians, God loves us very much and if we follow Him, blessings will fall. So if you love someone and you can do something about it, do you just continue to let crap happen to them? No. Then why is al this stuff happening to me. Why am I in a job I hate and is rotting my mind away? Why have I been rejected so many times during this job search? Why, when I was created as an extremely relational person, am I still single? Why is there no leading in any direction? For a God that wants to have a relationship with us, He is being awfully quiet. That's not a good way to build a relationship with someone. Lots of questions here, no answers.

In another realm, have a happy new year's. Enjoy the holiday and spending with whomever you are spending time with. I will not be blogging for the next week as I will be in Nashville from Monday to Thursday. Peace.

4 comments:

Nathan Hackman said...

Sometimes what we view as crap is actually fertilizer.

Proteinstar said...

Now thats quotable! You should make a day calendar.

Nathan Hackman said...

I did, that's what you're getting for Christmas.

matt said...

Thanks for commenting on things actually relating to the post. Jerks