12.21.2005

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas

Because of the wonderful ability to procrastinate that I have, I didn't start my Christmas shopping until this week. Monday night was the first time this year I bought a Christmas present. Some people would say that waiting this long is crazy, but I can assure you that for me it is quite normal.

Anyway, on to Monday night. It was an absolutely wonderful time. I had so much fun being out walking around looking at things and then buying for the wonderful people in my life. It was relaxing and the crowds have started to get a bit smaller. At one point I picked a nice cup of coffee while I was traversing to the next store that was on the list.

I, of course, had my santa hat on bringing smiles to everyone I'd meet. Tonight I get to go out again and hopefully will finish up my shopping and have as much fun as I have been having. Try to have fun this season. Remember that these traditions we have aren't meant to be torturous implements, but things to bring us joy. And enjoy seeing your family that you usually don't get to see.

0 comments: