12.01.2005

How Do You Start Off Your Morning?

Whenever I walk into work, I'm am guaranteed to hear two things: 'Hello' and 'How are you?' The first one is easy to respond to because you just have to say 'Hi' back. The second phrase though is a little trickier. My usual response is something to the effect of 'Fine, I guess. Nothing has happened yet.'

How should we start off feeling for the day? I guess the correct answer would be great, but that isn't really true for me. What is true though, is that the day starts off fine for me and depending on what happens it will go down or maybe a bit up. We could start off our days on a negative thought, but then many positive things have to happen for us to be happy. I choose to start off on a positive note, but not too positive. If it's too positive, and bad stuff happens, the fall could be hard, but if it's a bit positive, I at least start off happy.

I think it is important to start off happy. But I am also a cup half full kind of person. If we always expect the worse, we are never happy unless something good happens. If we expect good stuff, we can be happy unless something bad happens. Since I think many things don't fall in either the good or the bad, starting happy gives me more happiness.

Maybe I should start off great. Nah never mind. I am answering this question at work, which most of you know I love sooooo much. Not. I hope I didn't ramble too much.

0 comments: