11.30.2005

The Women of Messiah College

I am not sure where this is going to go, but I'll try it anyway. As most of you should know, I graduated from Messiah College. What many of you may not know is that Messiah College may just be the center of the world for beautiful, available women. Okay this may not true and I may just find most women to be beautiful, but go with me on this one.

I was recently at Messiah in their student union to watch some football. (I only live about 20 minutes away and they have a big screen which is good for watching football.) While there for the few hours, I was reminded of all these women. They are still quite the lookers and remind me of my days there.

When I went to Messiah the male/female ratio was somewhere around 40/60. Because of this, us men had a wonderful with all these ladies. Well as some can attest to, my dating history while in college was quite pathetic. Why, you may ask? I am not really sure although it most likely was through fault of my own. With all that possibility, it would make sense to take advantage of the dating a little more often, but I didn't.

So when I go back to Messiah, I have mixed feelings. I think about the opportunities that I missed, yet all the other amazing opportunities that I had. I wasn't really sure that I had a point to this, but I have come across one in my ramblings. Don't live for tomorrow, live for today. If you have an opportunity or risk, take it. It may never come again. We only get to live this life once, might as well enjoy it. As many have said, "Carpe Diem"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss college for sortof similar reasons... it's hard once you leave that environment to really find yourself surrounded by peers (of any gender) again.

I can't really speak to the percentage of beautiful women at Messiah, but I certainly thought that some of the men were pretty easy on the eyes. :)

Proteinstar said...

The ladies are still all there and I'm sure a few of them have no problem with an older fella if you get my drift. All in one spot.

Nathan Hackman said...

I also noticed the Messiah women on a recent visit, but for a different reason. I happened to overhear some of their conversations. Looks aren't everything brother. Maybe I'm just getting old. As far as finding one for you, I think the Carpe Diem mindset is great. My personal motto was always "Fortune Favors The Bold." But whatever works for you.

matt said...

Dear Rover,

I was not implying that looks were everything. Beautiful can mean more than just looks. Also that really wasn't the purpose of the post. The purpose was to talk about the abundance of the female gender in quantity and the lack of my dating. That's all.