11.16.2005

Sunrise, sunrise, looks like morning in your eyes

"If a man loudly blesses his neighbor early in the morning, it will be taken as a curse" (Proverbs 27:14). Take that you happy morning people. I don't like mornings. I don't like alarm clocks either, but it is the culture that I live in so I shall learn to deal with it. I had never known of the existence of the verse in the Bible, though. Very fascinating.

Related a bit is an observance that I had on Saturday morning. I rarely see the sunrise, but certain events caused me to be up and on the road before the sun rose. The interesting thing about it though was that it was already fairly light out before the sun rose. This is very much different from a sunset. It's indicative of light and darkness.

When light invades darkness, everything is immediately light. Yet when darkness invades light, the light holds on till it is snuffed out. Look at the sunrise where light has already chased away the darkness before the actual sunrise, but if you watch a sunset, you can still see light in the far west even though everywhere else is dark. I just found this interesting.

In other news, job searches suck. Mine is going on 19 months.

0 comments: