11.10.2005

Can't We Just be Friends?

Over the last couple of days, I have had some very nice times with friends. First off, on Tuesday night I hung out with three other gentlemen. We played a game for a couple hours. I really enjoyed my time. It was nice to just hang with a couple guys. We had as much fun conversing and we did playing the game. To all the gentlemen, Thank you very much.

Then last night a friend came over to my place. We all have those friends with whom it is very easy to talk with. He is one of those for me. Anyway, he didn't leave till about quarter of 1 in the morning. We talked about a myriad of subjects. He offered me some thoughts, I offered him some thoughts. Just so enjoyable to be able to truly share with no pretenses. So many people we meet, we feel like we have to put on a show and not let them see the real us. It is so nice just to be real.

Anyway, I am very grateful for these two instances. All of these people along with many others are true blessings in my life. I do not thank God enough for them. I have noticed that when I have big trials going on in my life, I tend to ignore the small blessings. I can easily see them when things are well, but they can get overshadowed. If you are the same way, look for those little blessings that you sometimes take for granted.

I love relationship and community.

1 comments:

Nathan Hackman said...

Why don't you just shut it Shoopy! It would have been an even better time on Tuesday if you hadn't stck it to me in Epoch I!