12.29.2005

A Year to Forget

This year is coming to a close and as I look back on it, it has been a rough one. I'll try to not get to negative here, but it could sound like whining. Here are some things that have happened to me:

  • My job search extended to 20 months
  • I came down to the final two candidates in 4 jobs and was rejected every time
  • My grandfather died
  • I was alone for yet another year
  • My car's brakes warped due to being pulled out in front of
  • My muffler almost fell off
  • I broke my wrist
  • I got shoulder bursitis and possibly a tear
  • I injured my achilles tendon
  • The last three happened with no health insurance
  • I was unable to give to others many times
  • I saw a man get hit by two cars
  • A trip to Germany which had been eagerly waiting for the last three years, I found out I wouldn't be able to go on
There haven't only been bad things. There have also been some good things. There haven't only been bad things happening though:
  • I got to see U2 live
  • I went to an NFL football game
  • I get to go to Passion
  • I got to go to the beach for a couple of days
  • 3 good friends got married
  • A couple of friends had kids
  • Friends of mine found jobs
  • Friends of mine bought houses
  • I went to a couple of other concerts
  • I was gifted a Christmas tree
  • My brother got a promotion
Bad things happened to me, good things happened to friends. I just hope that next year doesn't have near the headaches that this year had. I hope that life doesn't crap on me as much next year. None of the above were in any particular order.

This is by no way a complete list. I am positive that I forgot some things good and bad that happened. So please don't get offended if I forgot something. This was just what jumped into my head today.

0 comments: