12.28.2005

Grand Detail

Last night I had the pleasure of seeing King Kong. It was awesome. It was cinematic wonderment. Peter Jackson has such a great gift for showing pure beauty on the screen. Whether it's the sceneries that he chooses or the attention he pays to the digital effects. The movie was staged in the 1930s and with the attention to detail, you felt as though you were watching the 1930s live. I was completely drawn into the era.

The story was well written to not only bring you through to the end, but also to really make you care about the characters. It will do a good job of tugging at your heart's strings. The cast was well chosen with some of the highlights being Naomi Watts who does an incredible job playing Ann Darrow and can scream with the best of them. Adrien Brody does a good job of playing the nerdy scriptwriter. Jack Black, although not in his usual role, is serviceable.

King Kong was well done. The expressions that they gave his face and eyes were incredible. The effects were astonishing and the action sequences astounding. The face-off between the ape and TRexes was incredible. It was just an extremely well done movie that did not feel like it was 3 hours and 7 minutes long.

I jumped, I yelled in surprise, I yelled in fear, I cheered. I am not vocal at all in movies, but this one created vocal reflexes. It completely drew me in. Go see it. It is definitely worth the price of a movie ticket.

0 comments: