5.13.2005

We Won!!

Well the softball team is out of the losing column now. We won both of our games last night for a wonderful time. We didn't even have to go the full games as we ten-runned the other team in both games. Yours truly took the game as an opportunity to break out of his slump. I went 4 for 7 last night. That brought my average up from a lowly .100 to .294. WOOHOO! I still need much work, but is was nice to do better. All in all a very enjoyable time. Next game Tuesday.

I want to add to my comments yesterday. Although I am not a fan of Man U, the cool thing about them is that they are publicly traded. That means that fans can own stock in their favorite club. Mr. Glazer intends to take the team off the market and solely own them. The cool thing about the Green Bay Packers over here in the states is that they are owned by the fans. Somebody correctly commented that my team, Chelsea, is owned by a Russian. So it does seem a bit hypocritical to want Man U owned by Brits. First off, props to whomever made that comment. You showed yourself to be very educated and put a very valid hole in my opinion. I guess my frustration was more out of the fact that Mr. Glazer just wants to make money and doesn't care about the team. It's the American greed that bothers me. Not that it isn't anywhere else in the world, it just seems more prevalent in the US. For more information on this topic, check out BBC Sports.

1 comments:

junebee said...

Maybe if Glazer owns Man U he will get the heck out of Tampa. I'd be so happy if he did, and took his sons Ree and Tard with him...