5.20.2005

Jazz and Coffee

It has been a bit rainy today. It has slowed up in the afternoon but was coming down pretty hard this morning. Even though it has stopped this afternoon, it is still cool and windy. It would be the nicest day to sit next to a nice fire inside with a blanket and read a book. (or doze into napland) I have about five books which I am currently reading although I haven't really read in a while. I need to get better at that.

Since I am at work and have not taken the day off to nap and read, I will go for the next best thing. Jazz and Coffee. I have enjoyed listening to jazz all day. Many of you may know that I have a very eclectic taste in music. One of my loves outside of Brit-rock is jazz. I like the older stuff. Give me Davis, Monk and Coltrane anyday. Jazz is awesome.

As for the coffee side of the title, I also took the chance to get a cup of coffee. I don't eat lunch on my lunch break since I pack. So, many times I run errands or other things on my break. Today after running to the bank, I decided to get some coffee. I went over to Juice & Java (a favorite) and got myself a nice blend. Then I sat down and read my Bible for a bit. It was very nice and relaxing. Now I am just working away and waiting for this time of day to end.

Tonight I get to see Star Wars. I am happy about this and I am sure that it will be in my relfections on Monday. Maybe there will even be a special weekend update. We shall see.

God bless.

1 comments:

Nathan Hackman said...

Ah yes, nothing like relaxing to the Dizzmaster slamming out some tunes.