7.07.2005

Why are west shore people such snots?

Here in Harrisburg, Pa we have an interesting phenomenon of being right on a river with substantial pieces of the population being on both sides. Well, there is a definite sentiment among west shore people that they are better than east shore people and therefore they don't cross the river. I myself live on the east shore and find it very annoying that people I know from the west shore won't come over to the east shore to do something. I have to go over to their side to do something. Now let me state that I don't not mind at all driving over to the west shore and enjoy it many times. BUT it does get old when I drive over to the west shore 80% of the time and west shore people come over 20% of the time.

Where does this rant come from you ask? For years the east shore had the best movie theatre in the area. Recently one that is comparable has opened up on the west shore. Suddenly, west shore people want to go to the movie theatre over there and won't come to the movie theatre on the east shore. This is an outrage I tell you. Will I give in to their demands? Probably. Should I? NO!! This will just be another activity where they refuse to drive 20 minutes over to here. Goodness sakes, I can't imagine asking those people to drive to Palmyra. That might be a 35 minute trip. Oh no.

When will the west shore people stop thinking about themselves and being selfish? When pigs fly is my guess.

7 comments:

Proteinstar said...

What new theatre? I'm not driving if it's more than two feet from my door. Missed you on the 3rd.

ok okay go ahead Mr. Shoop and make some homoerotic joke.

Anonymous said...

Matt - Now I know your commments aren't directed at me, but be careful in making such blanket statements about the whole west shore/east shore thing. After all, that trip *I* take across the most polluted waterway in the nation at least once a week is *to* the east shore. You're located at the nexus of our group (not to be confused with the nexus of the universe, which as we all know is at the corner of 1st and 1st in NYC according to Kramer).

Protein - before you turn me on any more - there's a new theatre where the Ames used to be, near the Cap City mall (No, this isn't a Simpsons episode). Apparently they have stadium seating that actually reclines more than 2 inches.

Proteinstar said...

Whole Crap!! Stadium Seating!? It's a movie viewing revolution! Theatre going will never be the same!!

matt said...

superswede,

I was not talking about you. it is a generalization and one that you are not included in.

matt said...

proteinstar,

i look forward to rejoining the tuesday night extravaganza in august or sometime around then. my softball playing will be done and i will be back to have some fun

Nathan Hackman said...

Yes Matt please do return. I very much enjoyed your Formula De challenge last time around. Superswede- the nexus of the Universe, which proteinstar is well aware of is actually located at the intersection of 1st and First in Ocean City, NJ. Proteinstar- "Missed you on the 3rd." Wow, did you also cuddle up with your little Matt pillow while in the Big Apple?

junebee said...

Ooh, Palmyra. That's where my aunt lives.