7.12.2005

Emotive Ramblings

This weekend brought back a lot of emotional feelings as I returned to my former place of residence after three years. I am glad I went but was surprised at my reactions. Also there was a lot of love in between everybody. That was great. It is something that I don't notice or get as much up here. As a commenter pointed out, even up here is more friendly than the ice-cold New England states. I notice that I don't always show many outward signs of love to my friends. I need to get better at it. I really enjoyed the love we expressed to each other on Sunday though.

Last night was VBS practice for church. It brought a question to my mind. Why as Christians do we sacrifice music because it has a good message? Shouldn't we strive to make excellent music too? Too many times in the Christian music world, somebody might write some "Godly" lyrics but the music is pure crap. That is not the way to do it. So for VBS we are doing some songs that don't sound very good just because they have a good message.

I shall take my leave from you all for a while. I am leaving tomorrow morning to drive to NJ to the beach. The youth group that I am helping with has there beach retreat there until Saturday. I hope it is much fun. I shall be back early next week.

I forgot: Congrats to those ubiquitous friends of mine who had a bouncing baby girl this morning. That's awesome.

2 comments:

Proteinstar said...

It's true. The clan of Proteinstar will soon be everywhere. My seed will dominate the world.

Nathan Hackman said...

So that's how it will all end? "Left Behind" was so far off.