7.27.2005

Like searching for a needle in a haystack

Job searching can be depressing. Over the past 14 months I have been looking for a job. Outside of a 3 month project that I had, I have not found anything. I have gone on multiple interviews and sent out scores of resumes and cover letters to companies. I still have gotten nowhere. So why is the process so horrible? It is failure after failure. It already is deemed a failure to not be carrying a job and then to get constantly rejected for jobs just piles up on that.

Another annoying thing of the job search is the 'Thank you for applying, but you stink and why in the world would you have even thought about applying for this position. Oh, and we found someboyd way better than you , so leave us alone.' I used to think that these letters were a polite way of saying 'Thanks, but no thanks'. I have now seen the light though after getting so many of these letters. They really just want you to know that you failed again, you're not good enough, and 'They found somebody who better match the skillset they were looking for.' Crap again, I tell you, crap again.

So this whole process is full of one rejection after another. I shall triumph over it one day though. Yesterday I sent out two more resumes and cover letters. They will probably lead to poop, but I shall continue to fight the good fight. Thanks for letting me release some pressure.

4 comments:

Ellie said...

"What is the purpose of complaining anyway?" -- maybe to "release some pressure". Just a thought...

matt said...

Touche

Proteinstar said...

You could always be a missionary to some far off land. Doesn't pay much...like nothing...but it could give you some perspective. Trust me I almost did it. Another 3 months and I would have been in Nigeria.

Vixen said...

I feel for ya Matt. I've been looking for "the" job since moving to TN from outside Philly last June. Still doing temp jobs. Hopefully I will find something I love soon! :) Good luck to you!