7.06.2005

What an evil Witch!

I read 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' over the weekend. More specifically on Saturday. Since the movie is coming out in December and I hadn't read the book in 20ish years, I thought it would be a good idea to read about it. I remembered very little about it.

It was good. It was an easy read but a good read. Coming in at 186 pages means that it won't take you long. It is nowhere near as complicated as Tolkien's famous writings. You can easily remember who everyone is. I am not saying that either is bad, just different. Although an easy read, it was completely enthralling. I had trouble putting it down because I wanted to know what happened next. It is a very well written fairy tale. For grown-ups and kids alike.

I encourage you to read it. Books are better than movies anyway and this will give you a great background for when the movie arrives. I need to read the rest. Maybe I will set a goal to do that by the end of the year.

2 comments:

stephen said...

mmmmm....Turkish Delight...

Proteinstar said...

Read it in one sitting. Darn toilet made my legs numb for 15 minutes.