7.28.2005

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning

I walked outside this morning and WOW. For those of you not in the mid-Atlantic and Northeast areas of the United States except for a couple of days the last month and so has been HOT and HUMID. I am betting that 25 days of the last month were in the 90s. That is crazy. It is crazy even for this area. We will usually have a weeklong stretch or so in the 90s, but not a month.

Anyway back to my point. A couple of days ago they started forecasting that today would be in the high 70s and not humid. I was, like, 'No Way!' This morning I forgot about my previous thoughts but was looking forward to a little cooler bit of weather. Imagine my surprise when I walked out of the door and the weatherpeeps were right. I left the door and what hit me was cool and crisp air. It was so shocking to my system that I let out a verbal 'Aah'. I didn't mean to be so verbal about it, but as to not fear, no one was around and would be the wiser.

It was beautiful and is beautiful. The weather is so refreshing. There is no humidity and temps in the 70s. We might hit 80 but it really doesn't matter. It is beautiful. It is so nice after the hot and humid weather. It actually started my day off on a great foot. I came in to my very dull temp job happy, very happy. And you know what? I am still happy. Part of that is that I am going to see Chelsea Football Club take on DC United tonight in a grand soccer match, but the biggest reason is that the weather was so nice.

THANK YOU, GOD!

1 comments:

Ellie said...

I think I had that very same verbal "Ahh" this morning. Thank God for a (possibly brief, but welcome nonetheless) reprieve from the humidity!