5.23.2006

Unions

A local school district's teachers' union is striking right now. They have decided that 9% guaranteed pay raise of two years and paying a couple bucks a month for insurance is not enough. If only they knew what the real world had to deal with. People work for businesses and hope to get a raise and maybe even near 3% but nowhere near 5. And don't even mention the hundreds of dollars a month paying for their health insurance.

Nope, unions just go around being incredibly greedy and making unrealistic demands. The demands that the teachers are making, if accepted, will cause a raise in local taxes. That will make people really happy. I don't think that unions really serve any positive purpose anymore. When workers were treated horribly and not paid well, there was an issue, but no more. Now due to unions, a person can work in a car assembly plant as an assembly line worker and within 10 years be making 6 digits and not paying a dime for medical insurance. That is ridiculous.

So, DEATH TO UNIONS!!!

1 comments:

Nathan Hackman said...

I know. I hate my union. All I get is free healthcare and a $2,000 raise every six months. Jerks. And get this, after 5 years on the job I only get that raise every year! How is a man supposed to live? Honestly though I totally get your point. I sometimes wonder how my employers manage to keep from going bankrupt. It also amazes me that my employers so easily submit to the whim of the union which is basically run by a group of talking monkeys, but hey it keeps me well funded right?