5.18.2006

A Code of Crap?

There has been a lot of controversy hovering over Dan Brown's The DaVinci Code. With the movie coming out, I decided to read it. So I borrowed it from one of my friends and started reading away.

So what did I think? Well first off, let me just tell you that I could not put the book down. It was exciting, enthralling and made you want to skip ahead to find out what happened. It is a very well written book and keep you on the edge of your seat.

What about the content? The stuff that the book gets into is really just a bunch of crap. He tries to pass it off as believable but really it doesn't have much of a chance. There is a point where conspiracy theories even in a work of fiction pass the realm of believability. This one crossed that line. At one point it feels like an agenda-ridden book for the deifying of the "sacred feminine."

The end left a bit to be desired. It takes you where you don't expect, but I just wasn't satisfied by the ending. It just seemed to die a bit at the end.

Anyway, it was a good read and extremely entertaining. Now about that movie...

0 comments: