5.17.2006

Freedom

A few months ago, due to financial reasons, I had to give up my cable. I love cable for basically one reason, ESPN. I love sports and ESPN gives me more than enough coverage of anything I could ever hope for. So it was going to be hard to let it go, but I am very glad that I did.

I have SO much more time now. I don't just have the tv on to have it on. I can read, play my guitar, accomplish chores. It is so nice to not have the tv on all the time. I am definitely healthier for it. Now I am not one of those people that thinks tv is evil. I just have found that it has been better for me to watch less of it. Not none, just less.

A choice that I have not regretted one bit.

As an aside, I could have said that I gave up tv so that I would talk more with people, but I live alone. That would be a little freaky.

0 comments: