10.12.2005

A Heterogeneous Post

My Ravens really stink this year. In fact, Mr. Brian Billick's offense (the only thing he coaches as head coach) has been truly woeful for many years. It's time for him to go. In the last game, the Ravens had 21 penalties, 4 personal fouls, and 2 ejections. That's bad coaching. I hope they can salvage a couple of wins this season.

A new blog has started up about fair trade. This is something that I believe, especially as Christians, we need to be concerned for. It is also something that I believe in. Hopefully the blog will continue and be successful in discussion. Go here to learn more about this topic.

I won the race last night. I look forward to Rover's post about it. I have been pretty dominating in the season, never finishing off the podium. The game is titled Formula De for anyone interested.

A couple of bands to check out.
Anberlin
Snow Patrol

2 comments:

Nathan Hackman said...

While I agree with the idea of fair trade, I have a few problems with the current movement:
1. It appears to be popular to hammer away on Starbucks. whe you look at the practices of the large coffe companies like Maxwell House and Folgers, Starbucks comes off looking like the Salvation Army, yet continues to get hammered by activist groups around the country. Why? Why continually attack the one corporation that has actually attempted to address your concerns?

2. It appears to be impossible to support the Fari Trade movement without support a slurry of bizarre left-wing groups that, quite frankly, freak me out. I went to the blog that you listed above, and within one link was reading an article that both lamented the imprisonment of Salmon in British Columbia and praised the show Boston Legal. Yeah, freaks me out.

These are my concerns. I actually haven't bought a tin of coffe for about 3 years, but if I do I'll try to find some that works for everyone involved.

Nathan Hackman said...

sorry about the spelling