10.28.2005

Do You Rub Off on People?

Every one of us has good traits and bad traits. So which do you friends pick up on? I think that as we grow in relationship with others, we pick up some of their traits and mannerisms. Which do you let rub off on you? Which of your traits rub off on others?

I can tend to be a fairly goofy guy. I like it when people laugh and have no problem sacrificing my dignity to procure laughter. I was talking to someone today who was talking about a person that acts differently when I am around as opposed to other people. This person was more upbeat and funny. Now I am not saying that I caused this, but it would be nice to think that I had a bit of influence.

I don't think that we realize how much of an effect we can have on other people. If we are mopey and in a bad mood, we can also bring others down with us. Being happy can lift others up. We need to be who we are, but at the same time should strive to bring out the best in others.

1 comments:

Mrs Tellez said...

I have been thinking about something similair to this lately. Sadly, i come to notice bad traits in other that slowly but surely end up reminding me of ME...

I then realize that its a bad trait of mine, and see that it rubs off on my friends. At first i get upset because It rubs off, I then get sad that its a bad trait, the disappointed at the fact that they picked it up...

the last month has been a month of surfaced emotions, that I am not ready to bear..