4.20.2006

Welcome to the Show

Last night I had the pleasure of seeing a concert. Performing at this concert were Brennan Strawn, The Violet Burning, and Kevin Max. Brennan Strawn was a bit strange. His ideas were good, but his vocal meandering really pulled away from the show, not to mention his physical antics. After the first song, I wasn't minding it, but by the end I was ready for him to stop a while ago.

The Violet Burning were up next. They put on a solid rock show. They were tight and entertaining. The music was solid and the banter between the band and the crowd was funny. Musically they were very enjoyable and didn't play long enough.

Kevin Max was last. I was intrigued to hear what he was like since leaving DCTalk. Well, one thing is for sure, his ego has not sunk one bit. I am not even sure that his ego fit in the building last night. He acted like he should be the only thing anyone was paying attention to. When the crowd did not agree with him, he proceeded to bust on the crowd for the rest of the evening. Funny thing though was that he came back out for an encore that wasn't heartily requested by the crowd. Musically his band was solid and although I thought he tried to do too much vocally, the songs were solid and the band was tight.

1 comments:

Proteinstar said...

Nice ELP reference, I'm impressed.