4.28.2006

Things that irk me

There are a couple of things lately that have just really frustrated me. The first one is the IRS. I work as a self-employed consultant last year and found out that they really screw over self-employed people. They seem to have this joy in not telling you that you need to fill out any special forms and then when tax time comes around you find out that you owe a ton of money. Very annoying.

Number two is mechanics and inspections. Garages have this wonderful policy where you have to pay them the inspection price no matter if you pass or fail it. So once they have your car in the shop, they have you and your money captive so you can't leave. And they always find something wrong. I find it very hard to believe that there is always something wrong.

My car has a check engine light that likes to come on every once in a while when it rains hard and then go off in a week or two. Well it decided to visit me this past weekend and now it is going to cost me several hundred dollars to repair a problem that isn't really a problem and there is nothing that I can do about it. I am under the captivity of the garage.

0 comments: