4.07.2006

Live in the Moment

A lady named Maggie Dixon was the head coach of the Army women's basketball team. She had worked in the DePaul University women's program for a few years working her way up the ladder. She was offered the Army head coaching job shortly before the season started. For a program that never does anything and is usually bad, she took them to win their conference championship and make the NCAA tournament.

A couple of days ago she collapsed and last night she passed away. She had a heart arrhythmia episode. Oh and I did I mention...she was 28. My age. Wow. There was no warning and no idea that she might have this issue. Just bam, and she was gone.

Here are some well-written articles about this: first, second. There is pain and questioning in their words. I don't have any answers either. I don't understand. This stuff just...well...happens. It sucks.

0 comments: