4.13.2006

Questions

We all know those people. The ones that always have the right answers. The ones that never have any doubt. They don't react positively when you are struggling with your faith and your beliefs. They always give the Sunday school answer. Are they the ones to aspire to be like?

I don't think so. I think that it is not only good to question what you believe, but required. When we ask questions, it makes us look for answers. We dig deep to find out why we believe what we believe and if we should believe. Without asking these questions, our faith would just be a very shallow thing. If we don't question, we are most likely just living by a set of rules that we lived under as a child.

I always want to question, because to question is to grow. I recently heard Donald Miller talk about this same subject. I agree with his conclusion. People that don't question need to grow up and mature. They are just going along as a child and refuse to grow up.

Do you question or just blindly accept? I urge you to question.

3 comments:

Proteinstar said...

Yet, is there a time to stop questioning? A time to stop demanding answers?

I think questioning God and your faith has it's place, but your faith is not determined by the amount of questioning found in it. Question God, David did. Yet those who do not question their faith are no less Godly then those who do. They simply have less reasons to question Him. But there will come a day when they will, as all will.

Nathan Hackman said...

I sort of agree with Proteinstar. I think that it is really good to ask questions about your faith, but not necessarily to question your faith. If that makes any sense to you. Also, sometimes all you get is the Sunday School answer because its the right answer.

matt said...

I am not saying that we question God, I am saying that we should always question our belief in God. We as humans can never fully understand God and by questioning we can get a bit closer to part of who God may be.