4.27.2006

The Days of our Lives

As many of you have picked up on now, I am going through a process right now that may result in me living in Germany for two years working with high school students. It is a chance that I am excited about and that is getting closer and closer to definitely happening.

The chance to live in Europe for two years while do something that I enjoy seems awesome. It could also temporarily solve my job issues. I would be able to have some free time and do many other things that I have yet to experience. Outside of the Canadian side of Niagara Falls, I have never been out of the country. That could all change.

But there are some drawbacks. I have a family that I love very much and yet wouldn't get to see. My sister is just starting her post-high school phase of life and my brother is about to have a second kid. His first is 1.5 years old. I will miss their early years. And of course my parents.

I have a youth small group of sophomore guys that I have worked with for two years. I have leaders that I have gotten to know and really matter to me. They have helped me through some hard times and we have a lot of fun together.

I have friends that I won't get to see. Some that I have know for over a decade and some that I go to football games with. Ones that we've come to rely on each other for support.

There are other things that I would miss. It's a hard opportunity, but a great one. One that would fill me with new experience and change me completely. These are the days we'll remember.

2 comments:

Proteinstar said...

We'll all be here when you get back you goose stepping Nazi!

Nathan Hackman said...

You are so supportive there proteinstar. I wonder if Matt could get me a Luger?