2.15.2006

Sweet Dreams are Made of These

Something I have never blogged about before. Last night I had a dream. It was such a strange dream that I thought I would share it with y'all.

I dreamt that I was engaged. Strange already. I wasn't engaged to any recognizable person from reality(no one that anyone would know). That being said, in the dream I knew who she was, but I did not really know her. I knew her about as well as you know an acquaintance. I don't even know why or how we met or got engaged. Stranger...

Since we had gotten engaged recently we had an engagement party in a non-descript house. Many of my family and friends were there. Some thought it was great that we were engaged while others weren't really sure that it was a good thing although she was a nice enough person. We weren't together a whole lot at the party initially. I was--in my dream--wondering why in the world I was engaged to a person that I didn't really know and decided that after the party I was going to break off the engagement. She was also a little unsure about this whole thing, almost like neither of us had decided to get engage.

Well, throughout the day(long party), we got to spend a some time alone and had a blast together. We found out that we had a huge amount in common and went quite well together. Because of this new information, I decided that I would keep the engagement on.

Then I woke up. This is one of the strangest dreams I have ever had. I usually don't remember my dreams either. So, y'all are welcome to make guesses as to what it meant. If you don't want to, just enjoy the rather odd story.

3 comments:

Nathan Hackman said...

Sounds like and arranged marriage to me. I'd call your mom.

Proteinstar said...

Did the party last 3 days? My friend Sudesh married a girl through an arrangement between their parents. Lower divorce rate. I'm all for it.

Nathan Hackman said...

Yeh, The Fiance has an Indian friend at school. He says that Indian women show love differently than American women. The Indians mainly use criticism.