2.03.2006

Is It Really XL?

This weekend is the Super Bowl. I enjoy watching the Super Bowl as I enjoy watching most championship games in sports. The Super Bowl seems to be the biggest one in terms of popularity in the US. This year the Seattle Seahawks are playing the Pittsburgh Steelers. It's a hard game to figure out, but my rooting interests are easily defined. Most of you know that I hold no love towards the Steelers. In fact, you may say that I don't like them at all. Also, the Seahawks have never won a Super Bowl as opposed to the Steelers' four. So I will definitely root for the Seahawks.

How about the commercials? I hope to see some inventive ones. I have gotten tired of animals. It's not creativity to keep going for the same laugh with animals. Let's see something I have never seen before. The GoDaddy.com commercial had to be edited 14 times before it was approved. The last year's one was inappropriate and shouldn't have aired. Let's hope this years isn't as bad or at least hope to miss it.

So who is going to win? This is a tough one. Seattle had the better season and was very consistent in playing well. The Steelers looked pretty weak for a couple of weeks but otherwise had a good season. The Steelers have looked like gods in the playoffs and their opponents have looked horrible. The Seahawks demolished a very good Panthers team. In the end, I think it will be a close game and come down to the last couple of minutes. I am going to say Seattle 29 - Pittsburgh 27. But I am usually wrong on these things and the Super Bowls are usually blow outs. Who knows?

0 comments: