2.13.2006

Reflections of a White Weekend

1. The Olympics started this weekend
2. I wouldn't mind being in Torino
3. I would need a passport for that, huh?
4. Oh well, I don't have the money anyway
5. I don't like tortuous situations
6. Haven't played chess in a while
7. Still way better than ST
8. A source has told me that ST has seen, by choice, First Daughter
9. Soccer in a ballpark...odd
10. Torino seems to be a pretty city
11. Did you know that the hymn 'Glorious Things of Thee are Spoken' is a rip off of the German national anthem?
12. Hymns are soooo lame, nothing original
13. I don't like Duke
14. Maryland needs a backcourt
15. Isn't laundry so fun?
16. I like to watch the Olympics, especially the halfpipe and freestyle skiing
17. Not the figure skating
18. You know who wins in figure skating, the ones with the reputation, not the ones that did the best
19. I like playing my guitar
20. The Fugitive was a good movie
21. They have to talk about figure skating even when none happened on that day
22. It snowed around 8 inches
23. It looks purty
24. It was nice outside around midnight with the snow falling and not many people out
25. I shoveled
26. Paper bags under doormats everywhere
27. I got lots of sleep
28. I love snow
29. It would have been fin to be in Central Park, New York where they got 27 inches
30. I survived by myself
31. When I spell-checked this, it asked me if I meant tornados when I typed doormats

1 comments:

matt said...

Um, could you find a more biased source? Not likely to give the whole story. The hymn was used as the anthem before the hymn, not vice versa. Even your biased source doesn't make your deduction. It just says that the verse for the anthem wasn't written till later. Nothing about when the tune was used as the anthem.

Beyond that my point still stands even if I believe your source. People still took music that wasn't meant as a hymn and put it too "religious" words. Not original.

Most hymns were done this way. Non-original. Whether you like them or not doesn't matter