2.08.2006

I Have a Beef...

...with oil companies. That's right, in recent news Shell and Exxon recorded record profits for 2005. Shell made $23 billion in profit and Exxon made $36 billion. This would be the same year in which gas prices skyrocketed. Seems to me that these companies were feeding us a pile of crap about their costs shooting up.

This bothers me due to the amount that I have been spending on gas. So I am going to do something about it. I am boycotting oil. No more. I am tired of feeding into these companies profit margin and getting nailed at the pump. I have no choice, but to do what any right wing organization does when there is something that they don't like. Boycott. I am sure that it will accomplish so much by me boycotting oil. In fact, I believe that by my singular boycott, I can bring these oil companies to their knees. Gas prices will surely drop from the outlandish $2.30/gallon that they are now, down to a much more reasonable 30 cents or so.

Anybody with me?

1 comments:

Nathan Hackman said...

While I agree with you to a point, you also have to realize that Americans also consumed record amounts of oil over the same time period. So while we can partially criticize companies for high prices, we can't blame them for the fact that we have used a butt load of their product. How could they no make a profit? Also, while the boycott would be fun, I have a more fun idea. Go left wing. Make a big sign that is absurdly off topic, take to the streets of a major city (the bigger the better), and then chain yourself to something!! If you do it all while riding a donkey you can still keep the boycott going as well!