4.05.2005

Here's the church...

So like I said last night, I went to Lancaster County Bible Church this past Sunday. I decided to go to their second service at 10:45. For a church of 5 or so thousand, I was surprised at the ease of parking. Props to them for having it organized and people showing you where to go. I walked in the door and was greeted by a friendly fellow and then released into their huge gathering area that was quite packed. I made my way into the auditorium. It is big. I found my most liked seat in the house and sat. They have their small groups on a schedule. They meet on certain days and take off the summer months. Neat idea. The bulletin was also informational and organized.

Now for the service. Via the bulletin I found out that Matt Goss was leading worship. I had wanted to hear their worship pastor because I had already heard Matt Goss at other places. The worship was awesome. Matt Goss was not playing with his band, but with other church volunteers. They had a rock band set-up and rocked the house. It was very refreshing for me.

The pastor spoke on the balance between work and family. There were a couple of videos (one had DC Talk's 'Time is Ticking Away') and a skit. The pastor was engaging and very good at communicating God's word in easy-to-understand terms.

Overall it was a great experience. I was very happy that I had decided to check it out. If anybody doesn't have a church home and doesn't mind a big church, I would recommend it.

1 comments:

Jesse said...

Yo, Kirk-dawg! Nice site! You are one sa-weet guy. Thanks for coming over to watch the game with us. Keep up the fine posting!