4.25.2005

Broken

Sometimes it seemes like God needs to recenter us. It seems the God chooses to do this to me by breaking me. This is not done usually by causing something bad to happen. It is done by mentally and emotionally breaking me. Today seems to be one of those days for me. It actually started for me yesterday. Certain things happen that focus me. Today it was extended by reading some of David Crowder's blog. The deepness that he is able to reach is incredible. He has no problem expressing his emotions. It also seems like he has a spotlight into me. I have never met the man and yet it seems like he knows me as well or maybe even better than some of my closest friends.

So back to God breaking me. It is usually something that I need. I usually get caught and distracted by life and God has to bring me back to Him. I have been too far from Him lately. I use the excuse of business, but that is not an excuse. That is something that I will rail other people for because it's lame. If I wanted to make time out for God, I would. Right now though, I have decided to slide Him down my priority list. Not good. God doesn't like this and to be honest neither do I, but complacency can sneak in. So God has chosen to break me. I have turned into a deep-thinking, emotional person today. God is slowly forcing me to think and dwell on Him. I need it. Nothing but good can come from this. That being said, I am having a really hard time focusing on anything else today. Work has been almost pointless because of this. It's hard to concentrate on anything. This much I know though...

...out of this will come a better me and a closer relationship with God...if I don't get lazy.

0 comments: