7.19.2006

A Message in a Bottle

Have you ever noticed how unfulfilling communication can be when it isn't in person? I have noticed this recently. I have been trying to express certain emotions over email and it just isn't working. They can see my face or physical gestures and they can't hear my vocal inflections. Telephone is a little better because you can hear them, but it still isn't always accurate.

I guess this is why I love face to face interaction so much more. I can see them and read them. It is so much more informational and effective. I can show so much more through seeing you rather than typing an email to you.

So why do we like email and the such? Is it so we can hide our true selves easier? Hmmm.

1 comments:

Nathan Hackman said...

That "Message In A Bottle" movie was one of the worst I've seen. Also, please stop sending me those emails. I don't think of you that way.