7.06.2006

I Lied

A couple days back, I was leaving the mall. A car came up beside me and a guy asked me if I had money. He said that he was on empty and didn't have any cash. He could write me a check in exchange for the cash. After I listened and told him that I didn't have any cash on me. I did, though.

Why did I do this? He could have been giving me a line, yes, but does that matter? Can I not spare $5 out of my pocket to give to him and help him out? I would bet that he wasn't lying. I don't know why I did it and I knew it was wrong. Even if I didn't see the money again, I could have gladly given him a couple of bucks.

I have been noticing lately how many Americans are extremely attached to their money. Like it is their favorite child. I am disappointed at this mindset. Then I find out that I have the same mindset. Maybe one day I'll learn.

0 comments: