7.18.2006

Is it a wonder?

Recently I had the pleasure of procuring a new release by the band called Keane. Now you all know my love for Brit bands and this is one of them. So what do I think?

I like it. For those of you who don't know much about Keane, they don't have any guitars in their band. This could make for a boring album with much of the songs sounding the same, due to lack of instrumental variety. With excellent songwriting, they were able to avoid this on their first album although it did get a bit monotonous by the end.

Not with this album. They may not have guitars, but they have run keyboards and pianos through as many guitar effects pedals as you could think. This has created a very enjoyable sound. It has also given them a lot more variety on this album. They also seem to have more influence from the Radiohead sound this time around. All these things put together make for a good album. I don't think that the songwriting is as strong, but the melody writing is better and catchier.

I like the album and would encourage all of you to go enjoy it for yourselves as well.

0 comments: