7.13.2006

How Little is the Little Book

Recently I have been reading a book entitled Pocket Guide to the Bible. So what did I think about it?

First off, Jason Boyett is a very funny writer. He throws in all kinds of quirky little comments to keep you off guard and chuckling. Now about the book. It starts off with a Biblicabulary before moving into a review of the cast of characters. I had a rough time with these couple chapters because the reading was very choppy. I couldn't get into a rhythm. After this, the book moves into a review of the Bible's storyline and then into a history of the Bible and its versions, ending with a bunch of lists. Once I got past the first couple chapters I started to really enjoy the book. It moved along well.

For a person who reads the Bible, there may not be a lot of new information here, which can contribute to it being a little less interesting. But besides that I enjoyed the read. The humor was the positive. The choppiness of the read was really the only negative. I wouldn't say that it was an awesome book, but it was decent. So if you want to read a book that contains the word bazongas, this is the one.

0 comments: