6.29.2006

The Choices We Make

All through life we have choices to make. Some are easy, some aren't, but most affect what and whom we become. I have been out of college for 7 years now. There have been many things that I have done from living in the DC area to working for the Navy to being a professional job seeker.
Why have I made the choices that I have made? It has not been for career. If I made choices for career, I would have been all about work and now be pulling in 6 digits a year. There are some people like that whom I work with. All they do is work and that work gives them a lot of money which they use to buy their pleasure.

I on the other hand have gone the opposite way. Every job that I haven't gotten since college, my salary has decreased. Pretty impressive, eh. But I have been incredibly involved in life. Whether it is friends or church or many other things, I greatly enjoy life and all the things it provides.

Is this better than the work way of obtaining pleasure? I don't know. For me...I think that it is. For others, it may not be, but this I know for sure. My choices define who I am and who I will become.

0 comments: