6.09.2006

It Has Started!!

The World Cup is upon us. The biggest sporting event in the world started just a bit ago. I love soccer and will enjoy catching some games over the next month. It will be fun and I shall root with passion. I will be rooting hard for the USA even though certain people almost always root against the USA.

I will also be pulling for the home country Germany. Either I will greatly enjoy myself watching some good ballwork and goal scoring. So who will win you ask? Here are my thoughts. I have narrowed it down to three teams: the Dutch, Holland or the Netherlands. Those are my picks. I think that there are a few teams that could do it though. Brazil is the favorite, but England, Argentina, Portugal and France all have a good shot. I just think with Holland's youth and skill, they will be able to pull off the run.

I also hope that the US is able to make it out of group play, although with their current form, team and group, that may not happen. Oh well, watch some soccer and root for a team because there are a billion people watching with you.

0 comments: