3.07.2006

An E-town that I like

Last night I had the chance to see Elizabethtown. And what can I say, but I greatly enjoyed this movie. When I saw the previews it interested me, but I wasn't sure. I didn't know if it would just turn into 'just another chick flick.' I was presently surprised at something that I never expected. The romantic part of the movie was used to aid the story and not the other way around. This was a great way do to it and ultimately a great decision.

The story is based around a guy(Orlando Bloom) that has to head to Kentucky where his father passed away to bring his body back to Oregon and his family. Susan Sarandon plays his mother and Judy Greer his sister. I got to say that the more I see Judy Greer in things, the more I like her. She has the fantastic comedic ability that I love. Anyway, back to the story. Bloom also had some incredibly bad things happen that have caused this trip to Kentucky to be much more of a journey.

This is a story about a journey of a character and how he's helped through it by a women. Sounds a lot like Garden State, huh? I would actually say that the film is similar to Garden State. That being said, it is very different. The soundtrack to this film is fantastic with bands like Ryan Adams and My Mourning Jacket among others contributing. It is amazing how a good choice of soundtrack can be used to really make a movie excel. This one did just that.

A charming, witty, quirky film. Definitely worth your time.

4 comments:

Nathan Hackman said...

Umm, Everything?

stephen said...

Don't worry Coke, LVC is just slightly better than e-town...

matt said...

For me to poop on.

Nathan Hackman said...

Classy baby, classy.