2.03.2007

Pain

I have been reading about pain lately. How we view it as a problem but in many ways it is a great blessing. It lets us know if our body is not okay. If our hand gets hot we pull it away from fire and don't get burned. If we cut ourselves, it hurts so we helped to heal it. Did you know why we blink? Because there are tiny pain receptacles that tell us that our eyes are dry.

Without these things, we have infections, blindness and many more problems. But yet we hate pain. I know that I don't like it, but I have to admit that I have never thought of it as a good thing.

So if physical pain is a blessing, is emotional pain good? I don't know, but it is hard. What about emotional pain could be good? Currently I can only think of one thing. Emotional pain means that I can feel. I can't imagine not being able to feel. It is feeling that is such a big part of my humanity. But are there are good things to emotional pain?

0 comments: