9.27.2006

Are you in shape?

This past weekend I was in the Alps of Switzerland. While there I was able to watch a bunch of people. And one thing I learned. People there hike everywhere. I have noticed it in Germany too, but not as much. It doesn't even matter what age. Anyone from 6 - 80 is hiking up a mountain. With ease too!

There is not chance that this would happen in the US. And I am one of them. I had 70-80 year old ladies passing me on the hike. I should really work on being in better shape. They keep themselves healthy. They eat healthy and always get exercise. This doesn't mean that they are stick skinny. No matter what their shape, they are able to do many things

Maybe it is something that we need to work on. Stop worrying less about how we look and how much we way and start be concerned about what kind of shape we are in.

2 comments:

Nathan Hackman said...

Why must you taunt me so? I think that years of high altitude living might help them some over you.

Anonymous said...

how are you breathing up here...i can barely breathe up here...but it is getting better...