9.11.2006

9.11.01

5 years later...

Where were you? Do you still remember? When the first plane hit, I was driving to work listening to Oldies 100 in the DC area. I watched the second plane hit live on tv. It was definitely chilling. I spent the whole day a bit concerned because I was about 8 miles from the Pentagon and in a government facility.

I remember deciding on Wednesday that I would not watch any more news coverage, because it was only doing bad things to me. Wednesday night we had an impromptu church service, praying for people. I remember driving by later and seeing the gaping whole that had been left in the Pentagon from this horror of horrors.

What was the most chilling moment? Seeing people choose to jump from the towers.

A good moment? Seeing people gather around each other to help them however they could.

I know somebody that missed her train so she wasn't at the World Trade Center when the planes hit. Yet almost 3000 people died in the attacks at the WTCs, Pentagon, and Pennsylvania field.

Let us never forget.

1 comments:

Nathan Hackman said...

I wasn't very excited about the upcoming anniversary. Do we really need to take a day to remember something that we couldn't forget if we wanted to? I know that's ironic of me because I believe that the average American wouldn't understand the true implications of 9/11 if you tattooed them on their forehead, but that's exactly the reason why this anniversary seemed so meaningless to me. Another year of overhyped media events and political bickering to remember an event that we have learned nothing from.