8.05.2006

Why can't I just show me?

As I mentioned before, I have met many people this week. And even thought I am a fairly honest and blunt person, I have still found myself to be accentuating the parts of me that I think to be good and hiding the rest. I don't get it. I come off sounding prideful or self-deprecating.

Why do I do such things? Why am I not comfortable enough to just show myself? I would bet that others do the same. Why? Most likely has to do with what I mentioned before. That we make snap judgments about people before we meet them.

I wish I could be more honest, but I just put out all this crap. It is amazing how we disappoint ourselves sometime.

1 comments:

stephen said...

I think it would be neat and terrific if we could be authentic with everyone we meet, from the second we meet them. But that's hard sometimes. Especially if you're trying to make new friends. We have a tremendous urge to dazzle them with our good side. I know I do. And then once they're blinded by our strengths, we can slowly introduce our weaknesses.

Try this today: tell somebody something that you can't do or don't know how to do.