8.22.2006

How do you respond?

This past weekend I went to Ikea in Germany. It was a very hard experience. Something that I did not expect. The store was under construction and not all of the areas were open. Plus everything was in German and all the workers spoke German. Add on top of that the need I had to get things to allow me to live like sheets and a pillow.

All this put together made for a very difficult and stressful experience. How did I react? I just wanted to get out of there. I needed help, but didn't know how to get it. I decided that it was useless and I gave up in a way. I didn't want to get annoyed further so I just stopped.

Interesting reaction, huh. So how do you react in a hard circumstance?

3 comments:

Nathan Hackman said...

Don't know what to say other than have fun with it. Were the employees nice and helpful, or were they more like your typical Hersheypark employee?

Proteinstar said...

I would have brought my English to German dictionary and looked up the words "sheets" and "pillow".

Grunts and finger pointing should have gotten you the rest of the way.

2 cents from a guy who has only been to Canada.

Anonymous said...

wow i guess we are a lot alike...that would have been my exact reaction!!!