8.08.2006

Who's Better

How often do you compare yourself to others? I find that I do it often. The latest has been in the area of contact with the homeland. :-) Also known as the USA. Since I have been in Germany for almost the last week, I get to hear about who talked to the friends or folks or people everywhere back home.

Now I had a fair amount of contacts back there and I guess I have wanted them to miss me more than they are. It seems to be a ridiculous thought because all that is involved in this thought process is comparing myself to others.

I just need to be happy with what I am been given. I am very blessed. There are people that are contacting me and they are very very important to me and that should be enough. I need to be happy with what I have been given and not be disappointed with what I don't have.

5 comments:

Nathan Hackman said...

Hey dude, I miss you. I was just on vacation for awhile. Anyway, hope things are going well. Since I just left a comment that hinted that I may have feelings beyond the acceptable male bravado I will now leave a testosterone filled comment on the post below.

Anonymous said...

Dude you are one hot American ... and I miss you

Anonymous said...

You're always better!!! You're just more independent.

Anonymous said...

i miss you...but i guess i don't count..oh well i love you anyay!!!!!!!!

Proteinstar said...

I write in my journal how much I miss you. Eat a sausage for me this week will ya?!