10.27.2009

Sports

I don't usually talk about sports, but I have a though so I think I will share. I watched a good bit of the Yankees/Angels championship series and the home plate umpiring was awful. Strikes for the Yankees were balls for the Angels and it just was not very fair.

So I though why not take the subjectivity out of it. Make is laser and automatic. Rather than the umpire determining the balls and strikes, have a computer accurately tell where the ball is. Sports broadcasts right now have computer programs that tell us whether the ball was or was not a strike. Still use the humans for judgment calls, but these basic black and white calls can be made electronically.

Maybe that will help. Then maybe we can move to the speed cameras that Germany uses rather than police pulling people over.

0 comments: